Articles of Interest
- Why Ballroom Dance?
A one page article that explores the general, physical, mental, social, and career benefits of ballroom dancing.
- Ballroom Dance - It's Good For You!
This article compares ballroom dancing to other types of exercise. Calories burned chart.
- The Benefits of Dancing
One page table showing the many benefits (40) of dancing.
- Ballroom Dancing Among Ways to Fight Age-related Memory Loss
Examines the Einstein study which showed various ways to slow memory loss, including ballroom dancing.
- Dancing: It's Good For Your Health
This article explores the mental and physical fitness benefits of dance.
- Mental-training skills improve practicing and performance
Understanding why you "go blank" and how to use mental training to avoid it.
- A Litte Music With Exercise Boosts Brain Power, Study Suggests
It's no secret that exercise improves mood, but research suggests that working out to music may give exercisers a cognitive boost.
- Save Your Brain - Ballroom Dancing and Dementia
USA DANCE invites your attention to the results of the Einstein Aging Study, summarized in the June 19, 2003 New England Journal of Medicine. The results of the study indicate that ballroom dancing may help prevent dementia.
- Dancing USA Editor's Notes on the Einstein Study
The editor of Dancing USA examines the Einstein study and the suggestion that dancing may help prevent dementia.